A NOTE FROM KEN:
My team is working closely with state and county public health agencies to share accurate information with our community and to keep vulnerable people safe from COVID-19. As developments continue, my team will update this dedicated page.
- Practice physical distancing and social connection, and contact your employer about sick leave and work-from-home opportunities.
- Avoiding public gatherings of more than 10 people.
- Practicing good hygiene like washing your hands frequently.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid non-essential travel.
- Those over 65 and those with underlying health conditions should remain home and practice home isolation until further notice.
- Closing restaurants/bars/theaters/etc. to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- If you believe you or someone you know is experiencing symptoms commonly related to COVID-19, contact your health provider immediately.
- When practical, practice covering your mouth and nose with a protective cloth face covering. All surgical and N95 masks are priority for healthcare professionals.
Timeline of recent COVID 19 updates:
On March 11, the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic. The situation is rapidly evolving in California and across the globe. One of the most important things we can do right now is to Flatten the Curve. By doing so, we will help our healthcare systems manage any healthcare-related surges.
As of March 20, Governor Gavin Newsom has issued an order for a Shelter-in-Place for the entire state of California for next few weeks. The order carries the force of law and violation of the order can be treated as a misdemeanor crime. Now more than ever, it is imperative that we stay vigilant and adhere to these orders to keep you and your loved ones safe and healthy.
Governor Newsom announces financial institutions will provide relief for vast majority of Californians economically impacted by COVID-19 may receive 90-day grace periods to make mortgage payments.
March 27, Governor Newsom Takes Executive Action to Establish a Statewide Moratorium on Evictions.
Order provides 90-day extension in state and local taxes, including sales tax Order extends licensing deadlines and requirements for a number of industries SACRAMENTO – Today, Governor Gavin Newsom signed an executive order that will provide tax, regulatory and...
Governor Newsom’s Executive Orders and Press Releases
WHAT CA IS DOING
- CA is rapidly increasing testing capacity for Coronavirus. All medically necessary Coronavirus testing in CA is free.
- CA is helping workers impacted by COVID-19. If your work situation has been impacted by COVID-19, you may qualify for Disability Insurance, Unemployment Insurance or Paid Family Leave.
- CA has been planning extensively with our local public health and health care delivery systems and is providing information, guidance documents and technical support for local partners.
- See all actions California has taken to date.
If you have questions or need more information, do not hesitate to contact my office at (916) 464-1910