Employment Development Department
The Employment Development Department (EDD) is part of the Labor and Workforce Development Agency of the executive branch of the State of California. EDD offers a variety of services to millions of Californians under the Job Service, Unemployment Insurance, Disability Insurance, Workforce Investment, and Labor Market Information programs. One of the largest California state departments, EDD has nearly 10,000 employees providing services at more than 400 locations. EDD employees provide many services, including:
- Assisting California employers in meeting their labor needs.
- Helping California job seekers obtain employment.
- Administering the federally funded workforce investment programs for adults, dislocated workers, and youth.
- Assisting the disadvantaged and welfare-to-work recipients to become self-sufficient.
- Helping unemployed and disabled workers by administering the Unemployment Insurance and Disability Insurance programs.
- Supporting state activities and benefit programs by collecting and administering employment-related taxes.
- Providing comprehensive labor market information.
Find an Employment Development Department near you: http://www.edd.ca.gov/office_locator/
What is CalWORKS' Welfare to Work program? http://www.cdss.ca.gov/cdssweb/PG141.htm
Learn about the different steps to finding a new job, switching careers, or simply learn how to network within your field: http://jobsearch.about.com/
Need help building your resume? Visit http://resume-help.org/
America At Work
3665 Bleckely St., Suite 101
Mather, CA 95655
American River College Career Center
4700 Myrtle Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95841
Ph. (916) 484-8492
Bach Viet Association, Inc.
1050 Fulton Avenue, Suite 110
Sacramento, CA 95825
Ph. (916) 481-0340
Folsom Cordova Community Partnership
10566 Coloma Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Ph. (916) 361-8684
Sacramento Works – Citrus Heights
7011 Sylvan Rd, Suite A
Citrus Heights, CA 95610
Ph. (916) 676-2540
Sacramento Works – Rancho Cordova
10381 Old Placerville Road, Suite 150
Sacramento, CA 95827
Ph. (916) 563-5147
Sacramento Works - Mather
10638 Schirra Avenue
Mather, CA 95655
Ph. (916) 876-4022
Sacramento Works – Hillsdale
5655 Hillsdale Blvd, Suite 8
Sacramento, CA 95842
Ph. (916) 263-4100